Funding agencies including the National Science Foundation (NSF), National Institutes of Health (NIH), and National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) now require grant seekers to develop plans for managing and sharing research data as part of their funding applications. This page provides links for agencies’ data management policies, and sample data management plans where available.
The University of North Texas is a Contributing Institution for the DMPTool. The DMPTool is a service of the University of California Curation Center of the California Digital Library. The Digital Scholarship Co-Operative will offer workshops on the DMPTool for faculty and staff periodically. Faculty wanting an individual consultation on the tool should email email@example.com
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Guidance including provided by NSF
- Note: Each NSF Directorate provides distinct guidance for researchers preparing DM Plans; be sure to consult the guidance from the Directorate to which you are applying.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- National Institutes of Health Division of AIDS (DAIDS) - for laboratory studies
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- Guidance for
- Institute for Museum and Library Services
If other funding agency policies and guidance would be useful to include on this page, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Resources for Faculty
The UNT Office of Research and Economic Development offers the following information about data management plans as a service for UNT faculty. Information on preparing a data management plan, requirements, and additional resources are provided.
- UNT Information and Requirements
- For assistance in preparing the Data Management Plan, feel free to contact Dr. Denise Perry Simmons from the .
The DataRes Project
The UNT Libraries are currently undertaking research on data management policies and best practices. The, funded by a Laura Bush 21st Century Librarians grant from the IMLS, investigates how the library and information science (LIS) profession can best respond to emerging needs of research data management in universities. DataRes is a collaboration between the University of North Texas Libraries, the UNT College of Information, and the Council on Library and Information Resources.
If you have questions or ideas about data management services at UNT, examples of successful data management plans you are willing to share, or other input, please contact.